Located in Elmvale, ON
The original building was constructed in 1881, and was home to the first Methodist religious services in Elmvale. It did not become a funeral home until Abraham C. Bishop bought the building in 1919 for $350.00. Although Mr. Bishop's primary occupation was as an undertaker, he also ran a hardware business out the the building.
Abraham also was a carriage builder and built carriages and buggies to sell. The custom at this time was to have the funeral at the home of the deceased. The new funeral home can facilitate up to four separate visitations at one time and is able to seat 200 people for a service in the chapel. The new facility has a spacious lounge and reception area.