Located in Warren, PA
The Lewis family has been dedicated to faithfully serving the Warren area since 1972 in the oldest established funeral home in Warren, Pa. The business was started by Leo D. Gibson on Jan. 10, 1924, and relocated to the present site in 1935. In 1972, he moved his wife and three children to Warren to purchase and operate the former Leo D. Gibson Funeral Home.
Don and his wife Sandy worked long and hard to provide families with compassionate, dedicated and dignified funerals. In 1997, Don and Sandy sold the business to their son, Michael B. Lewis, and his wife, Lisa Vavala-Lewis. They continue to carry on the values and dedication of helping people. In March 2003, Mike and Lisa purchased the home of O. Emert Nicholson, 306 East Street, located north of the existing funeral home.
After numerous hurdles, they completely renovated and restored the Victorian setting and opened it in October 2006 to the public for additional office space, bathrooms, another large viewing room and paved parking lot. They are continuously updating the facilities.